As DataKitchen’s customer base continues to expand, we are continually looking to add Data Engineering talent to make our customers wildly successful. We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer or Customer Success professional to join an exciting, growing company delivering a cloud-based DataOps Solution!
DataKitchen is leading the DataOps movement, making it possible for enterprise data teams to turn data into true business value. We were honored as Gartner’s 2019 Cool Vendor, a CRN Big Data “Start-Up to Watch” in 2020, and OnCon’s 2021 Data & Analytics Vendor of the Year. Our company is profitable, rapidly growing and stock will be part of the package.
Day to Day
- Architect, develop, code, and maintain data pipelines utilizing our DataOps SaaS platform in conjunction with the tools we love (SQL, Python, Docker)
- Write Amazon Redshift SQL and leverage other AWS products such as S3, Lambda, Spectrum, and Glacier to transform raw data into analytic assets
- Lead a team of 2-3 data engineers
- Serve as a client lead, interfacing directly with customers (data analysts, project managers, technical staff)
- Run with open-ended requirements to mockup features, iterating and improving design and code
- Maintain transparency through Jira ticketing and Confluence documentation
- Work in an agile working environment: weekly sprints, daily scrums
- 8+ years of hands-on data engineering experience
- MS in a quantitative field (Computer Science, preferred)
- Deep understanding of database design, warehousing, normalization, and star schemas
- Experience with cloud database architecture (AWS, Snowflake, Google Cloud)
- Solid experience with at least one object-oriented programming language, preferably Python
- Strength communicating technical details, at both a high level and very detailed
- Knowledge of Commercial Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences data sets (NPP, DDD, Xponent, Plantrak, SPP, Symphony, IQVIA)
- Your time will be split between managing and coding
You must be physically based out of the U.S. and willing to work Eastern Standard Time (EST) hours.
Why You Should Work at DataKitchen
DataKitchen has a culture of trust and transparency. As a Lead Data Engineer at DataKitchen, you will own and take responsibility for the work you do. We pride ourselves on being collaborative amongst the team and with our customers. We are always asking “Is there a better way we can do this?”, refactoring and building on what we have done as a team.
We make our customers wildly successful while respecting each person we work with. We move fast, love and learn from our errors, and fall forward. We embrace Agile Values and Principles.